Thursday, December 17, 2009

Another one done!

I'm not sure why sewing this shirt was such a prolonged effort.  I finally girded myself to sew the buttonholes and attach the buttons, and now it is done.  Hooray!  On to the next one.

Here are some pictures of the completed shirt.

The bias cut placket looks pretty good, and nicely disguises the fact that my cutting was off-centre at the CF.

The back is very plain - no pleats or gathers at the yoke.  The pattern called for 2 vertical darts but I did not sew them.

I am pretty happy with the way the collar turned out.  I used techniques from David Page Coffin's book Shirtmaking.  I heartily recommend this book if you don't already have it.

I cut the sleeve placket on the bias to continue the theme.  The pattern and instructions are found in the DPC book.

Full review is here

Next up...  the trilobite shirt.


  1. I'm so glad you put a link to your blog in your review! Now I can be inspired by your projects on a regular basis! ;)

  2. Oh SURE... 'Had to look up "trilobite", eh!! ;) AND, it isn't even a law term!! Tee! Hee!! Anyway, I'm still (delightfully) in the dark!! ;)
    Soft hugs,
    Rhonda in Montreal (who couldn't POSSIBLY write sans ... !! and ;)

  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.