Lisette skirt pattern while at PR Weekend, during which I also acquired a skirt length of an extremely stretchy reversible woven fabric. It had the required stretch factor and I threw caution to the winds.
Well, not completely. I realized that the skirt was going to be too tight as designed so I sized up by two sizes based on my hip measurement.
Initially I figured I would make the colour blocked version, using the white side for the CF panel.
I basted it together and tried it on, only to be disappointed by how extremely snug the skirt was, even after sizing up, and how much I disliked the white and black.
So it sat for several months. Eventually I realized I should sew it with the recommended seam allowances (6mm instead of 1cm) and that I should make it all-black. (FYI the extra 1.6cm did not make an appreciable difference to the fit.)
I will try this pattern again but will definitely size up