|Find the seam...|
First there was the basting of the lace to the underlined and hemmed skirt pieces (as seen in the last post).
Then I sewed the darts and completed the side seams (by machine).
Then I hand felled the edges of the cut lace, tacking it through all layers.
I did some more hand tacking of the lace around the zipper.
I added tiny snaps so the bits of lace that overlap at CB would appear attached to the base fabric when the skirt was worn.
|Lining attached at CB - all by hand|
I had some dark navy grosgrain in stash. It was originally meant for hat bands. It is the perfect width and colour for a ribbon facing of my skirt. I attached it by machine and checked the fit. The waist was a bit loose but I was able to ease it into the grosgrain.
The lining is attached at the zipper, down the CB seam, and at the sides of the vent.
The pattern is the one illustrated at right from the February, 2009 edition of Burdastyle.
Here are a couple more shots of the completed skirt. It's pretty comfortable!