Thursday, February 14, 2019

Lisette skirt - needs work to work for me

I bought the Jalie Lisette skirt pattern while at PR Weekend, during which I also acquired a skirt length of an extremely stretchy reversible woven fabric. It had the required stretch factor and I threw caution to the winds.

Well, not completely. I realized that the skirt was going to be too tight as designed so I sized up by two sizes based on my hip measurement.

Initially I figured I would make the colour blocked version, using the white side for the CF panel.

I basted it together and tried it on, only to be disappointed by how extremely snug the skirt was, even after sizing up, and how much I disliked the white and black.

So it sat for several months. Eventually I realized I should sew it with the recommended seam allowances (6mm instead of 1cm) and that I should make it all-black. (FYI the extra 1.6cm did not make an appreciable difference to the fit.)

I finished it this week, but it's destined for my son's girlfriend. I hope she likes it!

I will try this pattern again but will definitely size up

3 comments:

  1. While it is a very lovely skirt, it is very body conscious and I am also not comfortable with that. I am a huge fan of Jalie patterns, luckily they have something for everyone.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure it would look great on you with your darling figure but if your not comfy with it pass it on. I get it. I'm not a body con-er either. Fine for others, just not my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your review of Vogue 1324- which I am attempting in wool shortly here. I am going to take your advice and add 3 inches of wearing ease over the hip finished garment measurement for walking and sitting. Thank you:)



    ReplyDelete