Thursday, February 14, 2019

I started this in 2016!

As promised, my Woodfords sweater was very close to completion and it is now DONE! Finally!

The only problem is that it's a bit on the too-long side. It really stretched out with wet blocking. I was able to tame the extra length somewhat by tossing it recklessly into the tumble dryer for a few minutes to finish the drying, and then steaming the heck out of it. However it is about 3cm (1.5") longer than the pattern schematic - mostly (to my surprise) above the waist braid. I'm not sure how that happened. I may shorten it, but I can tell you I won't be ripping back to that point. I'd just make the ribbed skirt portion shorter.

But otherwise I really like it.


10 comments:

  1. It must be the winter of 'getting UFOs done' as I'm working on a sweater I started in 2003, a blanket I wove in 2016, a scarf I started last summer, a sweater I started in 2015 and some towels on the loom that I've been working on for a year. Oh, and quilting a wall hanging I started in about 2012. I love your sweater and I'll look up the pattern.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful! Did you do it on one of your machines?
    I agree it is the year of ufo's. I did an extreme tidy of the sewing/knitting/quilting supplies and have a good size bin going of unfinished items that I am determined to do this year.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great, especially with pants. The length looks quite good. Of course I am in Michigan, so longer means warmer, so that may be affecting my opinion...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like the length, maybe wear it for a bit and see if you like it more. It looks lovely! I can't believe you put it in the dryer, very brave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this length, in general and here on you. Why don't you wear it like this for a while and see if it'll "grow" ;) on you? And it's beautiful as is, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s beautiful and I think the length is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The length seems nice although a full-length picture would give a better idea as to proportions. It sure looks comfy!
    Joanne in Montreal

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you hadn't said anything I wouldn't have thought that the proportions are off. I still don't. It's fabulous and congratulations on finishing it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, my immediate reaction was "Gorgeous!" I never would have known there was a proportion rule being broken. Where it with joy and move on! It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete