Friday, February 27, 2015

Lekala jacket - muslin 2.0


Muslin 2.0 (collar points pinned under)
Muslin 1.0
I transferred the fitting adjustments to my pattern and completely redrafted the front. The collar still isn't quite right, but I think it only requires a bit of reshaping and it's now the right size.

This was no mean feat, I can tell you. The Sewing Lawyer has made a ton of jackets and owns quite a number of pattern drafting books, many of which were read (in parts) yesterday afternoon. But pattern drafting isn't an intuitive art in these parts.  In the end Vogue 7908 (now OOP) came to the rescue.








Vogue 7908
At left is my version of that jacket. This lapel is extremely high and rather big, and the collar is very small.  However I thought it would be a useful starting point.

At right is the collar/lapel I cobbled together.  I am pleased that it actually works, although the collar is still too big and not quite the right shape.










And here is proof that all the seams and darts from the Lekala sketch are present and accounted for - in the comments to my last post, there was a question about that.

3 comments:

  1. Muslin 2.0 looks so much better. Thanks for the seam pix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely on the right track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks better, but maybe a little bit more fitting under the bust? or shortening? The collar is certainly better now. I think that the this is going to be very good on you. What fabric are you planning for it?

    ReplyDelete