last week's pants.
The most remarkable thing about it, really, is that it's one of the patterns from this very month's Burda Style Magazine. Such up-to-the-minute creation is rare in these parts.
The pattern has two versions - a micro-mini skirt and a more modest knee length view with a self-fabric tie belt. Mine is somewhere between due to fabric shortage. The need for ingenious cutting out of about 65cm of fabric meant that the high waist had to be lowered and the hem is all but non-existent. But 10cm above the waist would have been too high anyway (my waistband is 5cm). As for the hem, I'm seeing how long 1/2" steam-a-seam, without stitching, will last.
The pattern is designed for woven fabrics. I should have cut a size smaller. I did a lot of in-progress fitting to get the waist and hip curve right.
Other than that, the only change I made was to turn the separate pockets into a single kangaroo pocket, which you can see from this inside-out shot. I used a remnant of woven cotton to reduce bulk (and because I had no extra fabric). I used the same cotton (interfaced) for the waistband facing.