It's made from a blend of 70% silk, 30% linen acquired from ColourMart. The gauge is about 30 stitches to 10cm (4") so there are about a millionty-million stitches in this puppy.
It was an adventure from the beginning because I used a pattern available only in French found on Ravelry (it's called Harmony; look it up if you are a member). Though it had been on the site for several years, nobody had posted about making it.
The second challenge was to decide if the pattern as written would actually work in my yarn. I decided it wouldn't so I set out to adjust on the fly.
The third, of course, was the actual knitting. It took just over six weeks.
Things I did differently from the pattern: chose a different fibre with different properties; increased the number of stitches; changed the cabled rib pattern a little bit; knit in the round to eliminate seaming as much as possible; adjusted the shaping to create the cowl; added i-cord binding at the arms to improve the finish. It's a good thing I'm apparently fearless.
All that said, it looks quite a lot like the picture on the Ravelry pattern page, so I'm very satisfied.