Friday, November 11, 2011

Making fabric takes a long time

Lace scarf in progress 
I wanted to see if I could do it.  Evidently I can.  (However, see if you can find the mistake.)

I'm on the fence about whether I want or need a yellow wool lace scarf.  However the yarn was in stash (and is a lovely colour) and the pattern is easy enough.  

And now ... back to my regularly scheduled craft.  Sewing.  I'm testing a pattern which I traced more than a year ago as a possible alternative to the Material Things Fearless Jacket pattern, when I was having so much trouble with it.  But then I persevered and this one got left behind.

I've got it cut out in a strange quilted knit which might (or might not) make an interesting jacket on the curling rink.

It might also tell me whether I want to commit to this pattern for my brick red lamb leather.

Stay tuned.

5 comments:

  1. mesh model is very clear and understandable. Thank you Kayy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous stitch pattern! A yellow scarf would be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scarf to be looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful lace - I'm a brand new knitter and just learning that it really really does take a lot of time to make fabric! Oy! I see no flaws at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you block it before taking the picture? If not, then you could have knit it to a much looser tension, so it wouldn't take so long :)
    And being wool, you can overdye it very easily, if you don't care for yellow.
    I did spot two extra yarn overs, but they're not too noticeable--I'm just a very critical knitter, LOL! It's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete