Sunday, September 20, 2015

Miscellany; mostly knitting

I was certainly on a sewing roll in August! I wonder what happened in September?

I need to pick a new project.

So much fabric, so many patterns, so little time!

A dress would be nice.

In the meantime, I have been hand-knitting.

At right my "Golden Cowl" made in an extremely skinny 100% silk yarn from my favourite on-line yarn purveyor, ColourMart.

The pattern is Bonny.

Almost done. I knitted up the back first, saving the best for last.

I wanted to make this on my knitting machine but the yarn kept breaking. I think I will try it again with wool, which has more "bounce" and more tensile strength.

And I have been machine knitting too.

I've branched out into colour/pattern in socks.

Although these look complicated, they are actually pretty easy to knit.

Watch out world, for more loud socks from The Sewing Lawyer!

(Incidentally, do you know how hard it is to take a photo of your own foot wearing a sock?)

At least I have a colour-coordinated chair for background.

And finally, I'm gearing up for a very patterned sweater, also on the knitting machine. Unlike my sock (slip pattern, only one colour per row), this is stranded (two colours per row).

I made this sample. I love it!

6 comments:

  1. I love that cowl front, would you consider joining it with a wool crepe on the back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the yellow top, and isn't mosaic knitting fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the black and white patterned swatch!�� Did you design the pattern? If not, where did you source it?
    Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern is from a recent issue of Vogue Knitting.

      Delete
  4. Love your cowl top - it is gorgeous! I am also a sock knitter (no machines though!) and I often take photos up against a wall, bent over at the tips with my head and arms hanging upside down. The photo will also be upside down, but comes out surprisingly well. Probably best not to do this in public though!

    ReplyDelete