4 hours ago
Friday, August 31, 2012
- the Petersham is made of 100% poly.
- it is also too wide at 1". I sliced this lengthwise and overlapped so it is about the right width - using this particular ribbon would therefore require a few extra steps to prevent it from fraying into oblivion. But I am pretty sure I could secure it invisibly under the beaded trim, probably with a 3 step zig-zag stitch.
What I like:
- I love the shape and texture of these buttons. Bought enough for the jacket (9) even though I'm not 100% sure they are right.
- strangely I like the beads and sequins on the narrow ribbon trim. Usually I remove such frippery. But these are shiny in a dull kind of way.
- the browny-grey of the Petersham and the dull silver buttons emphasize the neutrals in the fabric. Maybe this would make the jacket more wearable.
I would like to avoid the problems with the Petersham so I shall venture forth yet again today in search of the perfect trim. In the meantime, I am soliciting opinions. Comments, please!